HUAWEI CLOUD SPARK Hackathon Singapore 2022
Build your industry-transforming innovations empowered by HUAWEI CLOUD and Huawei experts!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can sign up at https://huawei.agorize.com/en/challenges/
First click on “Create an account” and follow the instructions. Then click the blue “Participate” button on the platform to finalize your participant account. You can then submit your proposal!
You will receive a confirmation email upon registration. If not, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When there is an update, you will receive an email from the admin on the Agorize platform and a notification at your provided email address. Please make sure you have clicked ‘Participate’ and check your junk mailbox!
To update your details, log in at https://huawei.agorize.com/en/challenges/
hackathonsg2022?lang=en and go to your participant profile to edit or change your details.
To be eligible for this competition you:
- Are a student or recent graduate (within 2 years) of Higher Education
- Must use HUAWEI CLOUD GaussDB database service
- Need to demonstrate use of HUAWEI CLOUD GaussDB features
- Must be deployed on the HUAWEI CLOUD Platform
Please note that:
- Bonus points will be added if other HUAWEI CLOUD services are used
- Bonus points will be added if HCIA-Cloud Service certification is completed. More information about certification can be found here.
For the Application Phase, your team must submit the following:
- CV/Resume of each team member
- HUAWEI CLOUD ID of each team member *This refers to the email address used to register for the HUAWEI CLOUD account
- Your proposal deck of 5 slides in English (PPT or PDF format), addressing the following:
- Executive summary of the product
- Context of proposal/ideation (Problem Statement)
- Experiences & skills of all the team
- Description/Plan for product solution integration with database in a Word document or PDF format including but not limited to:
- Database structure design including table definitions, table relationships, etc
- Amount of data stored
- Key SQLs that will be used
- Information on database workload, database monitoring, and database statistics during the demo/prototype stage
There is no template but please do ensure your deliverables are in English and contain what is mentioned in the question above.
The deadline for submitting your completed application is January 30, 2022 [11:59pm GMT+8].
By the end of the Hack Week (March 16, 2022), semi-finalists would have to submit the following:
- A first version of the final pitch including a demo video
- A working application/prototype in web, app or other formats
- Source code
Participants who will participate in the Hacking Phase will be announced on February 25, 2022.
The Hacking Phase will run from February 9, 2022 to March 16, 2022 and it will include the HCIA-Cloud Service Certification Program from February 9 to February 13 and the Hack Week from March 9 to March 16.
By the end of the Hacking Phase, teams will have to submit the following:
- A first version of the final pitch including a demo video.
- A working application/prototype in web, app or other formats.
- Source code.
Announcement of the finalists will be made on March 30, 2022.
The results announcement for the Top 10 finalists will be made on March 30, 2022.
Stay tuned for further information!
The Final Event will take place on April 8, 2022!